I have a Trophy Hunter XP in 270 with a wood stock. I like a synthetic stock better for hunting because I feel it holds up better in the elements/getting pulled into a climbing stand or lowered out of. I'm trying to decide which is a better route. The end goal is the "ultimate north american hunting rifle". This rifle would be chambered in 30-06 or 280 ai and have a threaded barrel. I like the idea of hunting with a suppressor. Easier on the ears and I don't have to try to shove earplugs in right before I shoot.

1. Put on a hogue stock and eventually replace the barrel with an x-caliber custom. (Most likely in 280 ai with a threaded muzzle and fluted for weight savings) This allows me to hunt for the time being and customize as needed.

2. Save my pennies and trade it on a 110 high country. I handled one the other day and its a super nice rifle.

I have two other rifles with accufits. A varmint and tactical and love both of them. Option 1 is like the custom build version of option 3. Hence why it comes down to whether the Hogue or the Accufit are better. If I go hogue it will be a full aluminum bedding block model. Thoughts?