Quote Originally Posted by red caddy 51 View Post
Proper LOP is important on a rifle, not as important as a shotgun, but still a game changer. I'm 6'4", I have the opposite problem, I take a 35" sleeve and my knuckles drag the ground at times.
Overall, I think the gun manufactures do a passible job of fitting the "average " person, but guys like us will always have to adjust.

Until recently, I used a number of Boyd's stocks, for personal use, usually ordered over length and shipped without the butt pad installed. I fit a shotgun pad to get to my preferred LOP (14 7/8") on my last 2 orders, Boyd's charged for the over length wood, but shipped standard length wood with pad installed. Made no attempt to fix it. The last order, they returned the stock and then deducted for shipping, from my refund.

Sounds like your shortening project was a little dicey, thank dog for a dremel...
Good luck with Boyd's

Paul in Venice
Actually, I had the job done in less than 30 minutes. The Dremel sure speeded up the grinding of the rubber. Went thru three sanding drums due to the soft gummy rubber clogging the drums.