I have a model 12, .223 Rem. I adjusted the three screw trigger as per the sticky on this site. Pull is around 3 pounds. On the next trip to the range, I started experiencing trigger release as soon as the bolt closed. This was not 'slammed' closed, just a normal closing. If I closed it very gingerly it wouldn't fire (until trigger release). I had not used any thread lock and assumed that a screw had loosened, so I pulled the action from the stock and with an empty chamber, I dropped the tang on a block of soft wood and could not get it to release, put a fired case in the chamber and dropped it several more times--no change.

The following mods have been done: Boyd's Varmint thumbhole, pillars and glass bedded, bolt lift kit (38 spl case & bearing), added a .060 washer under the bolt handle screw, SSS tactical bolt handle. Have the wire and plan to do the trigger spring next.

Any thoughts or ideas why I can't get it to malfunction in the shop? Seems to have clearance in the stock and I had no problems until I started messing with it. HELP---PLEASE!! Steve