I currently shoot my 223 bolt guns off the bench using a Caldwell sandbag with U-notch on the front and one of two bunny ear sandbag rests at the rear. While my rifles and I are capable of shooting 0.3 - 0.5 inch groups at 100 yards, the performance is very inconsistent over the course of an hour or two at the range. I will find a position on the bags where I really get into a groove and score some nice groups but eventually, things shift out of position and I have to reset the rifle on the bags. After that, the point of impact may shift or groups start opening up. I shoot multiple targets on a 24x48 target stand and as I move up or down or left to right between targets, the point of impact sometimes shifts on me. I am fully aware of the fact that my actions behind the rifle contribute a lot to my success or failure. Scope parallax adjustment may be a factor also and something that I plant to focus on more. However, I can't help but think that I could control one big factor by getting a repeatable setup on the bags.

Would an adjustable front rest like the Caldwell Rock BR help with establishing a repeatable rifle mount on the bags? If so, is this a good model or are there others I should be considering as well?

Thank you.