I recently purchased a Stevens model 200 .270 from a friend and after doing some research I found that the stocks only come in two colors. This particular Stevens model 200 is a desert sand color I've looked all over the internet ask the bunch of gun enthusiast and they have no clue why it's this color. The stock does not seem to be changed I asked a gunsmith if the stock looked like it was changed and his answer was no. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other Stevens model 200 with the same color? I'm just trying to find out a little more information on the gun I purchased. Was it a promotional item or did they make it when Savage first started making the Stevens models? I would just like some answers so if anyone knows please feel free to contact me. I am completely confused I've looked all over the place and just about exhausted all my options on finding out everything I can about this rifle. It's a very good rifle it's a straight shooter and I killed my first buck with it so it means a lot to me so I'd really like to know everything I can about it. If anyone has any information please feel free to email me post on my thread or anything else my email is ddalli1@live.com once again thank you and any information is good information thanks again guys appreciated