I tried a little experiment. I put in a Savage support work order on 7/16 and asked for "the form" so I can order a new sear/top bolt release for my Model 12. I then called Savage and asked to order the part. The person on the phone took my serial number and emailed "the form" and I sent it back the same day. A couple of days ago I got a new sear in the mail. Okay, great. Today, I get a response from the support work order stating I needed to order through my licensed gunsmith for this part. I mean, do they not have a computer where they can see that a customer is simultaneously requesting the same same part through two different channels and they sent the part through one of them. Somebody seriously needs to be canned in Support over there because it seriously sucks. They act like I have a licensed gunsmith like I have a licensed dentist or something. I doubt Savage Support is competent enough to keep these waiver forms on file in case somebody does sue them. The appropriate response from the Online Support should have been to ask for the firearm serial number and they could have responded that one has already been sent.

Here is my response to the Savage support ticket, which they closed and I reopened...

================================================== ===============================
I wish Savage would get their act together. What you are telling me is not true. I called Savage and they emailed me the form. I completed it and returned it to Savage. Savage in turn sent me the part at no cost. Please direct me to your supervisor. All this nonsense needs to stop and parts made available without all the red tape and false information going around. Somebody needs to be fired because Savage is becoming more of a nuisance than a necessity.

----- Original Message -----
From: Debra Roberts (Savage Arms, Inc) <support@savagearms.zendesk.com>
To: Pearl-jam
Sent: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 12:28:24 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [Savage Arms, Inc] Re: Top bolt release

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (#124641) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://savagearms.zendesk.com/hc/requests/124641

----------------------------------------------

Debra Roberts, Aug 5, 12:28 PM EDT

Hi Joseph,
The sear is a restricted part that a licensed gunsmith will need to order.

Please have your licensed gunsmith contact the service department with your serial number to place the order.
The service department will have the part number, price and availability.
The service department is 1-800-370-0708 option 5, the service department is available Monday thru Friday from 8am to 5pm EST.
thank you,
Debbi