It really was super easy! Used a 38special case, and cut it down to the base, where the brass is solid. Used my Mil with a 5/16” End Mil. Also milled a few thousandths from the case head(mainly to get rid of the head stamp from Remington). Popped out the primer, and just happened to have some 5mm Silicone Nitride, ceramic ball bearings. I milled the primer pocket with a 5mm End Mill, and installed the BB. Had to use considerable force to press it in! Not by hand! Had to use a small vice. The BB just barely protrudes. Also smoothed the point in the bolt body channel.

Nice little difference. Especially for ME, having only the one arm to use, can’t hold the rifle while ejecting the spent shell. This little mod REALLY helps in that regard. Knowing how it performs, had I been armed with that insight, I would likely have already purchased one. I opted to make it instead because well, A, I could, & B, it was FREE!

Now, the units for sale look very nice, but I haven't noticed any that use a BB in the center. Seems to me there is a healthy difference of the force applied to an almost 1/2” surface, compared to a 5mm surface. Anyone else made one?