Hello all!
New member here from Montana, Long time savage shooter. My first rifle was a 110 in 30-06, I purchased it in 2000 and it has taken countless deer, elk, and lopes. Recently My 16 daughter and I have got in to long range shooting. Although We have several other brand rifles that we have shot up to 1 mile with, my loyalty has always been with savage. Recently I came across a used Model 110 chambered in 7rm, with the accutrigger, side bolt release, for 200 bucks. I purchased it and am getting ready to put together a long range hunting savage build. Here is what I am planning on

Action- stock savage 110
Trigger- for now I will retain the accutrigger as it seems pretty good to me, I can shoot 3/4" groups with handloaded 168 vld's as it is.
Barrel- McGowan 26" savage magnum contour chambered in 28 nosler 11 degree crown
Stock- Bell and Carlson 2980 sporter
Warne mountain tech rings and 20 moa base
leupold vx3i lrp 6.5x20

I plan on pushing the 195 gr bergers. I am a handloader.

I have a couple questions as I am getting ready to order everything.
I know I will need a new barrel nut and a set of go and no go gauges
Should I order a new recoil lug and if so what thickness?
I assume I will have to open up the stock to fit the magnum contour, has anyone ever done this by hand? what type of tool can I use? I am a pretty talented guy and have experience with Cnc machines, My thoughts were remove a little at a time until I have good clearance from the barrel.
Are the 28 nosler cases going to fit in the stock savage blind mag, or am I going to have to modify it? is it going to hold 3 still or only 2?
Do I need a new bolt head?

Any suggestions? concerns?

This will be my first savage build and I plan to put it together myself, Again the purpose of this rifle is to have long range hunting capabilities for western mountain hunting. Thanks in advance.