I picked up a used 110 in 270 last year,and noticed the action screws were a little loose,so I snugged them up and the bolt was dragging against the one up by the recoil lug.I figured that someone may have replaced the screw in the past,so I trimmed it down just a hair,and solved the issue.The gun shoots very well,but the stock needs refinished..Today I bought a nearly identical one in 30-06 that has iron sights,and cheap Tasco on see thru mounts.The stock on the 30-06 has been nicely refinished,so I figured I would pull the scope,and mounts,and switch stocks and use the 30-06 as a truck gun.The same action screw on this one was also not very snug,and also wanted to rub the bolt when fully snugged.Does the wood in these stocks shrink a little,and cause this issue?..I also noticed that the recoil lug is just a little thicker on the 270 than the 30-06 .Did Savage use different thickness lugs on different calibers?,or could it indicate a rebarreling in the past.I can see a slight difference in the barrel finish and action finish on the 30-06,but not on the 270..I bought it (30-06)at a pawn shop,and have not shot it..any input will be appreciated thanks