I want to start off by saying I have always been a decent shooter but my rifles have never truly fit me right. Due to an accident a year ago or so my body hasn't been the same. After two torn rotator cuffs and some lose of mobility none of my rifles fit me anymore besides my big bad black ones with collapsible stocks. I decided to cut down my savage 110e tonight by 3/4" to get my length of pull down to 13". I am 6' but my length of pull has been drastically reduced after the rotator cuff injuries. 13.75"-14.25" stocks I could always see through my optics just fine and wrap most of my hand around the grip... fast forward to today and I can bearly see through my scopes with them all the way back as far as the mounts and tubes will let me. I can bearly reach the trigger properly with my 13.75" stocks.

After cutting my stock down and then mounting my optics back on the egw rail this thing fits like a glove! I can see through the scope properly and comfortably. Once I add my regular hunting clothes on I imagine it's still going to be too long as my ideal length of pull is all the way down to 12.75" now.

I imagine a lot of people shoot their rifles as is and learn to live with them. After cutting my rifle down and getting a proper cheek rest pad so I get constant cheekweld this thing is amazing. I can finally understand why guys spend the time and money getting fitted for custom stocks now.

I've had bell and Carlson stocks, but none were cut for my length of pull and fit for my cheek weld. All I can say is wow!

I truly know what I have been missing.

My savage shoots 1/2 MOA before all the custom fitting, my ruger predator shoots 1/4 MOA so I never really worried about it. All I can say is its so much more natural now and it's hard not to be aligned properly the first time everytime.

Enough of my rant.... Just wanted to share if you haven't been fitted for proper eye relief and constant cheek weld, it's well worth the effort!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk