I have a friend that has a 110 scout rifle in 308, a mixup occurred on the loading bench& the case got filled with pistol powder, and the results were acoustic& kinetic.

I brought it home to look at tonight, they had attempted to force the bolt open, breaking the bolt handle off& cracking the bolt body ahead of the cross-pin.
The cross-pin was broken& missing. The stock broke& the magazine was pushed out of the bottom.
Using my barrel nut wrench& action wrench I was able to get the barrel off, about half the case head was blown out, the bolt head was broken on the extractor side.
The barrel was stiff unscrewing, however there was a lot of residue in the threads from loctite or bluing salts, I wire brushed the barrel threads& it screws in by hand now until it hits the threads damaged by their attempts to force the bolt. & had hoped that I could use the barrel to gauge if the action might be damaged, but with the threads obviously mangled from the bolt pieces it eliminates that option.

How do we go about seeing if this action can be safely salvaged? Its going to take quite a bit to repair, Sear, bolt assembly,stock, detachable magazine.