Hi everyone,
I'm new here, and super interested in a Savage rifle. After perusing their website, I found the American Classic 14. It's a really nice looking gun. I will want to add a Bushnell scope and probably a bipod to it. I am interested in this type of rifle because it reminds me of the basic traditional rifles that served the military and hunters since the beginning and is a timeless design.

My main purpose for the gun will be fun target shooting of random objects with a high power round up to 100 yards or so. I already have a 10/22 so a bigger bolt-action rifle is next on the list. I may do some deer or boar hunting down the line since I can hunt legally in my area, but it's not a top priority.

I have mostly settled on the .308 WIN because it's a common, semi-affordable round that is proven and good for all around shooting.

My questions are: What are your thoughts on my choice compared to other options on the market, including the other Savage models? Is there something I might be overlooking? What scope and bipod would you recommend for all around shooting (nothing super crazy or expensive)? I will primarily shoot from a table or the prone position. Thank you