I had a previous post asking "why won't my 10FP shoot well?" and recieved a lot of suggestions. to re-cap, I have a 10FP, .308 purchased from Cabelas which has the McMillan Choate Stock.. It will shoot 2, 3 in virtually the same hole, then one high or one low. Very frustrating. Today I had someone nationally ranked shoot it. This guy will shoot all day off a rest and when he's finished there's one small hole. Custom guns of course, but he's another set of eyes and another trigger finger. He had the same results, shooting off his rest. I was shooting IMR 4895 40.5g under 168 HPBT from Nosler. I used Varget, 44.5g samne bullet. I used Black Hills match ammo, Federal match ammo, all with the same results. so, after shooting my rifle, he said it's definately mechanical.

We removed the stock, it's V-block mounted and I could see some areas where it touched the blocks and other areas that appeared to be not as marked up. After re-tightening the action back into the stock, it would shoot more consistant, but again every once in a while one would stray out of the group. He suggested skim bedding the stock.

Has anyone bedded this type of V-block system? If so, how difficult was it and what suggestions do you have? Any videos with this type of block which I could watch? I'm the type of guy who would rather do it himself rather than hire someone to do it, but if I have to I will.

Thanks....