Thanks for humoring me. I'm about as old school as one can get. Yesterday was the first time in my 64 years that I ever fired a shot through a scope. I got rid of my hunting guns years ago. I recently retired and, while looking for hobbies to keep me out and about, recalled fondly my days on a Marine Corps rifle range creating tight groups with an M-16, iron sights, at 500 meters. So here I am.

I can definitely understand the trigger situation. Not everyone likes a stiff trigger, although mine has a nice crisp break to it. It may be one of the things I will change down the road, but for sure that plastic trigger guard assembly has to go.

Comb height is fine for me right now, but I have ordered a new scope since the cheap one that came with it has a very awkward focus design. I expect I will be making some sort of comb adjustment when that gets here.

Barrel: I've not come across any barrel mod threads but I will check it out.

Bedding: I guess almost all long range shooters do this. It looks like a fun mod. But, I keep thinking back to that M-16 that had probably belonged to a dozen Marines before me and how effective it was unmodified. I suppose time will tell on that one.

The Boyd's stocks look great, but first I have to convince myself that the one I have is not sufficient. I can see where it might not take a lot of abuse in the field, but for right now anyway, my shooting will be done on the range only. And now I'm reading of mods to the Boyd's too? Yikes.

I have to ask...paint color?