I'm looking into getting my Trophy 111 in 300 Win Mag (24 inch barrel) threaded to add a suppressor from Thunderbeast (The Ultra 7). My concern is this - I cannot do 5/8x24 for obvious reasons...the diameter at the muzzle is only .590. I called Thunderbeast directly, and they said they are able to do a 9/16x24 thread and add the muzzle break onto which the can would be mounted. They would use loctite so basically not removable, which I don't see as an issue. I thought, great! This is directly from the manufacturer, so it should be fine. I am only a few hours from Cheyenne, where they are located, and would drive it there and back.

However, after talking to another local gunsmith, who also sells the Thunderbeast, he would still NOT do the threading to those specs, and even said he wouldn't do it on his own rifle, due to the lack of barrel wall left.

My hesitation is this - is the amount of barrel wall left after the threading a safe amount? Has anyone done the threading on this thin of a barrel for a can? Any issues?

Last question - if not safe, what are my options for an aftermarket barrel that can be threaded, and can be added to my existing platform?

TIA!