I just got my Savage 12FV from Cabelas. I see that it's a bit different in several ways from some of my other Savages and these differences are obviously designed to save a bit of money. Of course, that's why they are able to offer it at such a low price. No problem there since I'm only interested in the action and trigger for a new build in progress.

I need a single shot feed ramp for F-Class and since I've already filled the magazine box of my new Boyd's stock with lead shot, I don't want a single shot feed ramp which depends on the magazine to function. I just need a the little aluminum piece. I'm not afraid of doing some grinding and fitting as well as some epoxy work. I'll figure out how to make it work, but it would be nice to have a good starting point.

Can I expect a single shot feed ramp designed for other flavors of the Model 12 fit in my Cabelas 12FV action? I'm mainly interested in something which will properly fill the opening in the bottom of the action. A friend gave me an old, unmarked feed ramp which is way too short, but I suspect it was designed for a staggered feed magazine. However, I'm not sure about that.