I've had this Model 16 'Weather Warrior' for 5 years and have never felt like I have gotten it to shoot consistently. At best I have shot 1" groups but not consistently like I can do with other guns when I shoot them side by side. For this reason it has mostly remained a safe queen and I always pick one of my other guns when going varmint/predator hunting (Savage .243 Predator Model 10, Remington Model 7 in 17 Fireball, Browning Micro Hunter in 22 Hornet).

I keep troubleshooting it and want to make sure I'm checking and doing the right things as I prepare for another range trip tomorrow to try and gain confidence. Today I cleaned the barrel real good and am pushing clean patches. This barrel seems to get dirtier than other rifles - not sure if that is a stainless thing? Anyway, it is good and clean now. I tightened the accustock front and middle screws to 35 in-lbs, skipping the rear trigger guard screw as I believe that is just for the trigger guard and not a stock screw, correct? Also checked the scope rings to 15 in-lbs.

I am using fairly inexpensive Hornady Steel Match 55 grain hollowpoint ammo as it has shot pretty darn good in past trips. I plan to baseline with it again tomorrow but also try some Hornady Superperformance 53 grain Vmax. I am curious if this barrel twist is better suited for a heavier round? I'd like to try some heavier Black Hills but don't think I can find any by tomorrow in my small town.

I don't suspect the scope but will take a spare to try if it comes to that.