Went out on the 4th and completed a bucket list dream of mine since i was 40 years younger. I have always wanted to shoot out past 300yds and have never had the opportunity. I have owned one bolt gun but never really had a lot of confidence in it. So, I started reading the forum after becoming more interested in buying something that would give me more confidence in longer shooting. It has taken me a few years but I have finally acquired a rifle that I know will sure enough shoot. Now I know all things are relative with such a comment but for me and what I have wanted to try since I was a teenager, I feel that I have hit the lottery with this Cabelas model 12 that you guys turned me on to. I knew that I would not be able to put much into a rifle and scope but after reading for months and months and catching the sale just right I pulled the trigger on a 308 and then put a Primary arms 4-14 on top of it. I did not really know what to expect and since I do not reload anymore, I searched for some store bought ammo that I thought would give it a fair chance. Many commented that the Perfecta at Walmart was good practice ammo so I tried it and few different others and sure enough my 100yd groups were best with the perfecta.
So Tuesday I was able to shoot at 500 and 600 and wow what a treat for me. My rifle shot 2 out of the 3 shots on the edge of the 3 inch bullseye with the others within a 5 inch group! Like I said, I know that it is all relative to many factors as to real precision shooting but I was absolutely delighted. The real bonus after shooting every shot of 7 within 6 inches was moving the target to 600 and shooting 3 consecutive shots in a 6 inch square.

Thanks forum members for your expertise and willingness to share with those of us who want to learn. This was really a long long desire of mine and now I hope to continue learning and hopefully getting to shoot more and more.

If you have any suggestions for factory ammo that I can get for hunting, then I'm all ears. I have a few boxes of the Perfecta left but its only good for head shots:D