I'm currently rebuilding a custom savage rifle and I'll post some pics later on. I've always wondered how well the Grako mercury recoil systems work, and I'm impressed. I would say that felt recoil is down by 30%. It's not nearly as much as a good brake or a suppressor, but this is a relatively cheap way of reducing felt recoil and balancing out your rifle. I have mine mounted in a Choate UV stock. It currently has a 308 Douglas barrel chambered by Fred at SSS, so look out for the barrel in the classifieds.

The aforementioned rifle will get a 28" CBI 284 Winchester barrel. I'm hoping for great things out of the barrel.

I'm also building a 6.5 Creedmoor for a friend of mine who is finishing his masters degree. Something that caught me off guard was when I pulled the barrel of the Savage hog hunter, there were a lot of metal shavings. Savage definitely didn't clean the barrel threads properly before installing and headspacing their barrel. I decided on renting the headspace gauges since I don't plan on constantly swapping out the barrels. I chose the 6.5 Creedmoor for my friend because he doesn't reload and can get ammo off the shelf that shoot fairly well.

Here is his action:

Here is the old barrel:

Here is the barrel action: