With all of the accustock talk going on, I figured I would pass along some information that was given to me yesterday. My brother in law works for a sporting goods department, and with that gets "special perks" when it comes to certain things storewide. They get what they call "pro forms" one of which is from Savage.

He ordered an accustock rifle from them months ago, and has yet to receive said rifle. Yesterday, (being fed up) he made a call to Savage and talked with a woman named Pattie.

He was told that the accustock is going through a transformation that will specifically be addressing the wedge in the stock. They say that all newer accustock rifles will begin to show the newer wedge and these rifles will begin shipping shortly, (his being one of them after all these months of waiting).

I would attribute this change partly to the many here addressing the problem with the wedge itself. No doubt that Savage listens to their shooters. Like I have stated before, (but can't substantiate with any proof) I beleive that there are definitely Savage employees that frequent these boards and report what they read here. They listen to Fred, and others when it comes to bettering their rifles.

So, hopefully with the accustock's wedge being addressed things will be more positive in the accustock's reviews.