Hello everyone,

Kind of an add question here. Ive got a116 (with a backwards bolt) thats currently threaded at 22" for my suppressor - which adds 8" on to it. Ive been keeping an eye out for a take off 260, creedmoor or 7mm-08 stainless for a while but im just not having luck.

So Im starting to heavily consider cutting the barrel down to 18" or under to see how ot does. Most of my hunting in FL is under 100 yards and i mostly head shoot hogs, and for longer shots i have a 7mag with a theeaded 24" which is just ridiculously long...

So, how would a 16.5-18" 270 do with a suppressor? I know shorter rounds are more effecient, but ive working with what i have right now. Im not worried about the velocity too much, its still gonna be more than enough to shoot inside 300 yards. Should i keep looking for a short action and keep butdgeting for an aftermarket barrel if one doesnt come around?

so far the best day that I've got is people using 15 inch contender barrels and they seem to do pretty well actually. I've even found some load data where it appears 2600 ft./s is pretty easy to obtain