Hello all I'm brand new today and came here due to a difficulty finding any dealers in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area who stock the Hog Hunter. I have had my eye on this rifle for some time and with a can on the way I want to make sure all my rifles are suppressor ready. PLUS I love that someone is still making a nice set of irons available from the factory. This rifle will get a picatinny rail and be a brush/ATV gun most of the time, but I will slap some glass on it from time to time during deer rifle season. Truly if I could design the gun I'm wanting to serve this role I doubt I could make it appear in better form than the Hog Hunter seems to be.

Here is my issue. From the 2 mega dealers in town to, Dicks to Bass Pro they all stock a ton of Savage rifles, but according to the Savage dealer list which I have called every single dealer there is not a single threaded barrel Hog Hunter in stock. Anywhere. I want it in .308, but like any firearm I want to put it in my hands, shoulder it, check out the bolt cycling etc.

Is there by chance anyone here in the Tampa area with a line on how to put my hands on one? I called Savage CS yesterday to see if htey could maybe check stock levels at their dealers and that was no bueno. Thanks for any leads.