Stopped by a local pawn shop accross the street from my tax person/accountant the other day and saw a savage sitting there. All I saw was the DBM and asked about it and was told it was on hold for somebody. Nothing else interested me so I left. I usually stop by looking for $250 savages to rebuild. A week and a half later, that savage was still nagging at me for some reason. Thought about it again this morning after I got home from work. Lying in bed, I called the store. They said it was never picked up and was available for purchase. I got dressed and went down to the store. My wife thinks I'm crazy. As soon as I walk in they asked "were you the one that called about the savage?" I guess I had the I need a rifle look to me. He gets it for me and it is a 90% condition model 10fcp-sr, one of the newer ones with a black stock and the goofy looking 10 round savage mag. Has a 20" fluted threaded barrel. I assume it has an accustock. Pull out my phone and see they are $550 new plus shipping and transfer fees so basically $600. Looked at the scope and it is a vortex viper pst 4-16x50. I looked it up and find that it's the discontinued model and can be had for $500 new. So it would be about $1100 to buy it all new and they were asking $750. I tried to haggle and the best they would do was $750 out the door. Looked at the scope again and it hit me. This wasn't the SFP scope, it was the FFP model. Quick google and they are $800-900 new. Well that changes things. Now it's a $1400-1500 package for $750. Sold! Now it's mine. I don't even like the 308 caliber, but I'll give it a try. If I still don't like it I'll sell off the barrel, stock, bottom metal, mag, and Leopold scope rings which will result in a fairly cheap priced action and a scope. So....how did I do?