First there are no pictures, I don't think there is anything interesting enough to go to the effort to make the account to do it. Its just a gun, the interest is the cartridge.

This has no serious goal other than fun and its just an interesting one that got my attention and is doable without a huge cost.

The goal is to build a modern version of that I can shoot full power loads with.

As this is a low cost effort, I have looked through the barrel makers and Lother Walther offers that chamber, they also offer a Varmint Profile pre fit Savage. As that is 308 and that's what bullets we have for it that works perfectly. Still trying to narrow down the price, $524 last quote but I think I can get it around $400 or so using the Savage Pre fit and just a different chamber.

As they do not offer a Bull profile the price escalates to get one. The shooting is low level so the Varmint contour works and the stock is not a Bull channel (says it is but not). I could open it up but it works the way it is so that is fine.

Working on getting a K31 to go with it, that would be limited to appropriate 7.5 Swiss loads.
Just for fun I got a K31 Bayonet with an SN to go with it.

The Brass is PPU. I had hoped enough variation to allow fit in a 30-6 family bolt head but that does not work.

As I have two long action bolts I can open one up and see how that goes. With the brass I have the template.

If I can open it up enough to extract the 7.5 Swiss and still do the 30-06 bolt cartridge family I am good. If not I can get another 30-06 family bolt head or just use the 30-06 family bolt between two guns and keep the modified one for the 7.5.

The chassis for what I call my play gun. Its the one I will switch the 3 barrels around on.

The basis for that is a 116 that is now a Single Load (it has the open bottom but its in a boxed in stock).
It not intended for anything but a bench rest gun. So the long action does not matter (I currently have an original Savage Varmint contour 308 barrel on it). It also has been adopted to top bolt release.

Die is on the way, the 308 Seater will work for that purposes, primers are the same, powders are shared with 308, bullets re the same and I have 3 different ones to choose from.

Resize die is on the way.