Hello All,
New here and this is my first post. I need help and wanted also to share some of my trials and tribulations.

I have owned several savages from an old J series single shot in 25-06 to an early 110FP 308(most accurate rifle I have ever owned) and in 2001 bought one of the first model 16s in 300 WSM. I decided to build a 6.5 WSM on a Stevens 200 that came in .243. The barrel is a 24" #1.5 contour chromemoly blue Shilen pre threaded and chambered(small shank) and went on wonderfully easy .I ordered the magizine parts, WSM bolt head, and a set of go no gages. well as we all know the CRF bolthead wont work in the PF stevens right, learned that to use it I would need the standing ejector in the reciever.
So now what well i call SSS and they tell me that I need a LA Magnum bolthead, so i order it. Weeelllll that one is to long , learned that. So I call Scott Null at S&S Gunsmithing for help. He says that Savage has now gone away from the CRF bolthead for the WSM and it is now PF. he had one and I ordered it. Well that one wont work either. Am I correct that I would need a new firing pin as well as baffle?
Long story short I have three different boltheads(out $100), none of which will work. Then I found this site!!!!! From you fine people I found out that by shortening the LA Magnum BH shank .190" that my problems are solved and I can finally get this project finished. Please respond if I am correct here.
My goal here is to have the perfect dual purpose light weight hunting rifle. It will sit in a Lone Wolf stock with Burris optics. Weight with that and a full mag is just over 7 lbs. I hope to drive the excelent high BC 6.5 140's @ 3100-3200fps, 130's @ 3200-3300, and 120's @ 3300-3400 fps. Those should cover every thing from varmints to moose.