I'm looking at building a tactical rifle like Handi's post below mine, but my post is inquiring about barrels, chassis, and whatnot. I've decided to go with an TAC21 chassis from MDT, and I know my barrel can be the same diameter as the action. I prefer stainless, so the 116 action is perfect. Now, where can I find said action in an -06 bolt face? I don't want to spend $800 on a rifle in which the only thing that will be reused is the action and trigger. Next question, what barrel should I use? I've already added up the work, before glass, and it comes to roughly $2500, that includes putting a brake on the barrel and truing/mating barrel and action. They usually use Shilen for the 260 Dingo, but I know there are better companies out there. So it's narrowed down to this....
1. Can the stripped actions be found?
2. What .264 barrel should I use, provided it's stainless?
3. Their load utilizes a 95 grain Hornady V-Max, but I will be discussing load data for the heavier bullets. What twist should I get that'll work best for both?
4. I can't find action specs anywhere for the 116. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can figure out how large of a taper I can use on the barrel?