I came across these bullets over the summer while working with my 338/408 Improved and they're becoming my new bullet. The best way I've found to describe them is as a cross between a Berger and a Barnes. So far they've shot great for me with almost no load development, easily .5 MOA, which is better than the Barnes bullets usually do for me. For long range shooting, I've had better luck getting consistent accuracy with these than I have with the Cutting Edge Bullets. The CE bullets have always given me trouble past about 700 yards. They'd shoot great for a few shots, but then I'd get one that would just go off into no man's land! I've shot the 305 Hammers out to 1680 yards and they held .75 MOA consistently.

This is the 260gr Hammer Hunter that I'm shooting in my 338/375 Ruger Striker. The bullet on the left is a 300gr OTM to give some scale. I'm going to test them on elk in about 2 weeks on a Utah cow elk hunt.

This is the 305gr Hammer Hunter next to a 300gr OTM. It's a long bullet, but it will stabilize in a 1-9 twist. If I ever actually hunt with the 338/408 Improved this is the bullet I'd use.

I've only worked with the 260gr and 305gr .338s so far but I'll probably move all of my hunting loads over to these by next season. There's talk of moving over to lead free bullets for hunting here in WA, so I figured I'd start getting ready now. Next on the list to try is a 117gr .227 for the 270 AR and a 124gr 6.5mm for the bolt action 6.5 Grendel. Like all the solids, they're too expensive to just use for plinking but they're pretty reasonable for a premium hunting bullet.