Does anyone know if the outside diameter of a 110/10 action threaded for a small shank barrel is the same as one threaded for a large shank barrel? None of the actions I own accept large shank barrels so I can't take measurements to compare and get the answer. I know all the target actions are threaded to accept large shank barrels but I don't own one of those to take measurements from. My thought process is that if they are both the same outside diameter, then the only difference would be the additional steel removed from one to allow for the acceptance of a large shank barrel.

I'm asking this question because I'm investigating the potential for having a 110 action presently threaded for a small shank barrel opened up to accept a large shank barrel. I've used the Search function and it appears that this is possible to do and has been done before. However, the consensus of most of the posters in that thread was that it shouldn't be done due to cost and possible safety issues regarding changing the heat treatment of the action, and it would be better in the end to buy a target action or one threaded for large shank barrels from the factory. My problem with that bit of wisdom is that I've yet to find a 110 action factory threaded to accept a large shank barrel, and I don't really want to build off a single shot target action as my goal is for this rifle to be a repeater for hunting and medium range paper punching.

As always, thank all of you in advance who respond to this thread. I'm very interested to hear what you all have to say.

Wildcat