Recently picked up a savage 110E in .270 at a pawn shop for $189 with a Bushnell 3-9x50 Banner scope on it. Serial E93XXXX. Kind of rough looking, cleaned it up and reblued it. Someone had put a camo bell and carlson stock on it. The stock had some cracks in the action bolt areas so I pillar bedded it and bedded the stock. Shot at range and shot great group with some rounds I had loaded for another gun. Was taking the bolt out today and went to put back in and something fell in my hand. Went ahead and put in and bolt got stuck. Realized it was the bolt head retaining pin had broken in half. Took some doing, but finally got the piece still in the bolt in place so it would come out.

Has anyone ever had one of these things break? Savage is closed until January and everyone online says out of stock. One company says Savage no longer makes the one in my gun. It is a .150" hole retaining pin. Will I have to change to the new smaller firing pin? Is that as simple as installing the new smaller one in place of the old one in the same bolt with the new .100" retaining pin?

Would Savage warranty such a thing? Send me a new pin?

Thanks,

Rosewood