Hey Savage shooters, first post here, long time reader. I was wondering what you guys do about the conservative load data given in todays manuals? Im working on a new 308 with Sierra load data and I am getting roughly 200 FPS less velocity than what is published for the given charge. My components and rifle are slightly different than they test but 200 FPS seems a bit much. I would like to take it out to 700 yds max and keep the bullet drop to a min so Im looking to move the bullet pretty fast for a long range whitetail rifle.

Im using the following

165 gr SBT
new winchester brass, FL resized
CCI LR primer
43.5 Gr of IMR 4064 (which is the published max)
COL of 2.8" ( slightly longer than their published of 2.75", which is why I felt safe to work up to max charge)
24" barrell (they test off of a 12FVSS with 26")

My chrono avg is 2562 FPS, they publish 2750 as what I should be seeing. I am not getting "bad" pressure signs at this charge but the primer is flat, not like cratering and filling the circle flat though. All of my groups working up to this have been around MOA but, Im not worried about grouping yet.

Do you guys work up past published max's to get the extra FPS you are looking for? Change powders to slower/faster? Thanks in advance.