Howdy Y'all! I shoot at Best of the West in Liberty Hill and on various properties from Fredericksburg to La Grange.

I'm new to long-range shooting and to the Savage brand of rifles. After a mountain of online research and speaking with other shooters, comparing different models of Remington 700, Mossberg MVP, and Savage, I settled on the 20" Savage Model 10 FCP-SR .308. Out of the box with a cheap BSA scope off my 30.06, the FCP-SR is just a hair under MOA.

Last week, the MDT LSS-XL (Light Sniper System - XL) chassis, Skeleton V4 stock, and Vortex PST 6-24x50 FFP MRAD EBR-2C arrived. I torqued the action to 60 in.lbs, the scope bases to 25 in.lbs, and the rings to 16 in.lbs; I'll adjust the action screws as needed for accuracy, but I'm hoping to get down to sub-1/2MOA the next time I go shooting.

I'll be sure to post pics of my groupings next time around.

Anyhow, here's a picture of mine, next to my buddy's similar rig. Mine is in the foreground with the LSS-XL and his is in the background with the MDT LSS chassis and Magpul PRS stock. (Notice the difference in the LOP created by the PRS.)