I'm new to bolt guns and was deciding between the Ruger Gunsite Scout, the Savage Model 11 Scout and the 10 FCP-SR. I had pretty much decided on the 10 FCP-SR until I started reading all of the controversy on this forum surrounding this gun and the old vs new model with people calling the new model "junk" and telling others to sell it etc, so yesterday I decided to stop tormenting myself and buy the Ruger. That's pretty much where I stand now but I just ran across a Model 10 Precision Carbine for sale on another forum and since I can't find that model listed on the Savage website I was wondering if someone could fill me in on the difference between it and the old model 10 FCP.

The Precision Carbine doesn't have a threaded barrel and has a four round flush fit mag but everything else sounds pretty similar. It has the Accutrigger and digital camo Accustock, 20" heavy profile barrel and larger bolt handle. Is a larger mag available?
The seller wants $1100 with a Nikon Prostaff 74-16x42 which I'm not interested in. I haven't contacted him yet but depending on the answers I receive here, I might. Would an offer of $800-900 without the scope be a fair offer or would I be insulting him?
I've bought and sold a number of guns over the years but for some reason Savage and their designations and multiple iterations of similar rifles really has me confused.
I really appreciate any help that you can provide.