Hello everyone,
New savage owner here, but not new to rifles in general, and I have a question about aftermarket stocks...
I have a model 11 xp trophy hunter in .308 that I have just recently purchased. So far, I'm pretty pleased with how the gun shoots, but I can already tell that I want to replace the synthetic stock with an aftermarket version...I have been doing a bit of homework on what will or will not fit my rifle, and I THINK I have a pretty good handle on it, but I want some info\ advice to see if I'm correct
I'm looking at the Bell & Carlson tactical M40 stock that they offer for the Savage model 10. Now, if I'm correct the model 10 and model 11 are the same except for barrel contour, synthetic vs wood stock, and the all important bottom metal. So, can I call up Savage and order the bottom metal kit for the model 11, and be in business with this stock? And another question regarding the bottom metal. I understand that Savage has bottom metal that is actually metal, and also the plastic version of the same? I want the metal version,but want to make sure that would work with this stock. My gun is one of the new versions with the bolt release in the trigger guard, and the DBM with the plastic catch on the magazine.
thanks for any input you can give me.