I picked up a used Model 10 precision carbine not long ago and just recently finished building it. I’m new to bolt guns and am wondering about bore and scope vertical alignment. How exactly over the bore does it need to be? FWIW, over time, I intend to shoot long range and stretching this thing out. The rifle I bought came with a Ken Farrell 10MOA base. I bought a Weaver 20MOA base and Weaver 6 bolt rings. I mounted the new base and rings and it looked like this.

The scope was off to one side. I thought it was the rings. I contacted Weaver and they exchanged the rings without problem. I mounted the new ones up with the same problem. I got the same results with both bases. I looked a little closer and noticed the action was not level in the stock. It was canted in the direction of the scope offset. I straightened out the action in the stock, but the problem still persists. By the naked eye, it looks the same even with the leveling of the action in the stock.

Above are pictures before the new rings and adjusted action. The below are pictures of the action leveled in the stock with the new rings.

Any help into what I can look into would be greatly appreciated. Would it be wrong to cant the action in order to get the scope vertically aligned with the barrel? Is there something else that could be the problem? I don’t want to believe the holes drilled in the action, for the base, are the cause of the cant. Also, it looks canted to me, as opposed to misaligned. It’ looks like the scope is parallel with the barrel/action, just not vertically aligned. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Baller