Posted this in the help me decide forum and more I think of it, it's better suited here. sorry for the DP.

Hello All, I'm on the fence as to my next purchase. before the Hilary nonsense put me into panic buying mode of potential ban items, plus the 3 stamps I bought because of 41P. My plan was to buy a 6brx barrel throated and twisted for 105 amax's as my economy long range toy. now i'm in a toss up as to which way to go.

Here are the things running through my head. Keep in mind this is purely my new era of plinking (long range shooting) I have easy access to 950yds(10min drive) a 1200yd spot about 15min out and scouting for a 1 mile spot.

Option 1. is stick to the 6brx plan but this would be the most costly as I'd have to buy brass (lapua= buy once cry once) the barrel, dies, and bullets (I have a decent amount of varget and 8208xbr to get me started)

Option 2. is a .223AI barrel throated and twisted for 75-80 hornadys maybe even try the 90vld's. This wouldn't cost as much to get into as all i'd need is the barrel, a body die and eventually some bullets (have a box of 75 amax's and 4-500 80 nosler CC's) plus 8208xbr

Option 3. is keep shooting my .308 and buy powder, primers, and bullets(down to my last ~350 bullets and 5-600 br2's). with all these new high bc bullets coming out this isn't sounding like a bad idea. I was thinking of buying a box or two of the warner flat line 180's and transfer my barrel into a spare long action I have. Then buy some more pp2000mr to launch them for when shooting beyond 1000yds. currently I'm finishing up a box of 208 a-max's that fill that role.

I'd like to hear any insight or advice. Thank You, George