Hello all! New to the forum, first time post, first time Savage owner. Know a few that have the 110BA and they love them.

Briefly, I am new to the rifle build aspect of firearms but in the last few weeks have done a TON of reading and have come up with a project. As is with me I have it all written down, a road map if you will. What I will do with the rifle, shoot holes in paper. I don't do competitions or anything I just wanted to tackle something like this because it suits my nature, it's a challenge, keeps the old gears turning while learning.

What I have, well, soon, it's on order. Bought a Savage 10 FCP-SR in 308, detachable magazine, 24" barrel, accutrigger and stock. Contemplating shooting it while I wait for everything to be made but on the fence about that. Might just sit in the safe.

Here's what I have laid out on this build.

Sharpshooter Supply: Extractor Kit
Custom "Fishnet" fluted bolt. Just like how it looks.

PT&G: Precision machined Bolt head
Savage recoil lug

Barrel: Shilen 26", Stainless Steel match, 11 degree crown, 4 groove "Ratchet" rifling. I am unsure of the rate of twist though. Most I have seen are 1-10. I don't hand load yet, much more stuff to buy and learn before I do that. Ammo for the 308 is relatively cheap compared to the other beasty I have so I'd like to try out Hornady, Federal match grade stuff, 150-168 grain areas. Looking at Shilen's site the 1-10 is good for up to 220 grain and the other I am considering is a 1-13, because that is the only other option near the 1-10 that they have with the 4 groove "Ratchet". Should be good up to 170 grains according to Shilen. Now, experienced shooters, opinions on this? I am only going by what I have read on Shilens site and reading on forums, I am NO EXPERT by any means. I do remember reading somewhere either a barrel website or forum that it would be on the "ragged edge" of unstable and stable. Looking for thoughts on this. I believe the safe bet would be the 1-10 but this is my first build and it's all about experimenting right!

Stock: I have been all over looking at stocks. I already have a "tacticool" rifle so looking for something different I guess. I'm also thinking about going wild and crazy on the paint, automotive grade, high gloss off the wall type of stuff. So, I have looked at McMillan, Manners and today while reading I learned of a place called Stockade Gun Stocks. I also read on several different places that they make some of the best composite stocks for Savages, right up there with McMillan. With that and being self employed myself I figured with the good reviews of them I'd take a chance. I am looking at their Prairie Dog/Tactical or the Long Range Benchrest.

Trigger and Other: I am going to leave the stock Accutrigger in for now, test drive it and see how it is. If it feels similar to an SKS I'm thinking either a Timney or Rifle Basix?? Not sure I got the correct name. Of course a new stainless nut for the barrel/action would be in order.

Scope: Lots of choices out there and will leave that until the end. With all of the stuff to build it will be a year or better but I have a Leupold and after years of using cheap scopes the clarity on the Leupold is amazing!

Any thoughts on my proposed layout? Anything I might have missed? I know the "trued" action is a debatable topic from reading here and elsewhere so my thoughts were to leave that, do everything else and see how it shoots. Seems from what I have learned truing the action may or may not have any benefits other than lightening the wallet a little more. I would be interested in seeing some tests on a stock rifle then truing the action and doing another test to see if there was any improvement. So many different opinion on it with the Savage you wonder if it's worth it.

Thank you for any input, hopefully next year I can post a picture of this thing!