I seem to be experiencing donuts for the first time. This Lapua brass is on it's 5th cycle in my 22-250 and was most recently shot out of a custom barrel for the first time.

This new barrel is a no-neck turn, Match chambered X-Caliber. The as-shot brass is just large enough in the neck to slide an 80 gr, Amax into, but the heel of the bullet comes to an abrupt stop at the neck/shoulder junction.

I measured the neck wall thickness, it varies from .015 to .016 and I apparently have about .0015 to .002 clearance to a new bullet before I size the brass.

I intend to only neck size when possible, and this would be my first time doing that on this particular brass. I neck sized one brass and seated a bullet. I could not discern any change in seating pressure while pushing the bullet past the donut.

I'm not shooting competition, just having fun slaying targets. But I do want to learn the skills necessary to shoot my best.

What is the remedy here? Shoot as is? Ream the necks? I would rather avoid the hassle of neck turning. Only shooting out to 300 yds so far.

Any input is always much appreciated.