I have had an SSS Competition trigger on My favorite Savage since 2008, so I know what a good Savage trigger feels like.

I have worked on two Stevens 200 triggers that were so bad they were almost unusable, and got them down to a crisp, no creep, 2 1/2 pounds: safely.

I'm using another Stevens 200 for a build, and got this trigger down to 3 pounds, but that's more than I want for this rifle. So I decided to try the Rifle Basics Sav 1, which claims to go down to 14 oz.

So I bought the trigger for a good price from Mounting Solutions Plus, free shipping, with great fast service. That's the good part.

Long story short, the best I can get is 24 to 28 ounces without the rifle firing upon vigorous bolt closing, and at that I have little confidence. I think this trigger needs to be at 2 pounds or more before I would even consider letting anyone else use the rifle. And that little bit of improvement doesn't justify the coat of replacement.

I should have known what I really need is the Savage 2, because the SSS Comp. seems to be unavailable right now. The Savage 2 claims to go down to 4 ounces

1. Is the 4 ounce claim true for the Savage 2 ?
2. Is it safe at that setting?
3. If not, what is the lowest safe setting?

If I were going to carry, or hunt with this rifle, I would set it at 2 1/2 lbs

Any help here would be greatly appreciated... Thanks...Jim