At staged rifle competitions do you
1. Just plain loose most of your brass, you count on it so you order new brass regularly.
2. Mark your brass and return after the match is over to scour the ground to find most of yours and occasionally some "other" as long as they are head stamped the same. This option also includes returning the next day or two to go through the collected brass after the stages are torn down.
3. Switch to cheaper alternatives like Win brass and really dont even spend much time looking for it because hey its only Winchester or insert Remington where it fits.

If you are one that switches to cheaper version, do you regularly practice with that brass i.e. "who needs lapua, thats for f class".

I shoot Lapua brass. I know what bushings give me the pressure I want on my case necks. My sd's are single digits. Why do I want to go and switch for competitions. Is it that much of a savings to nearly start over with load work up or at least where neck tension is concerned.

And lastly, during all my fits and spurts to run to the range between rains, I seldom shoot an entire box. I do have almost 200 pieces of brass in each caliber although I loose one per week from damage or just being lost. What Im getting at is I have no idea how many shots the brass has on it. Ive lost the ability to keep track when Im only refilling a portion of a box. I guess I could color code the brass but Im just not that guy.

What are the first signs to look for when culling bad brass? Right now I just mark a case that seemed to have loose primer seat. If that primer kicks out its trashed instantly. Deep dents in the shoulder or sharp dings in the edge of the neck from bringing down a die off center. All instantly trashed.

What are your personal guidelines?