Hello all;
Could someone point me in the right direction? I have 2 x Savage model 10FP's. The earlier is an "F" serial number and the one with the problem. The "F" rifle is .223 Remington and used to belong to my dad. The original factory (non-accutrigger) trigger broke & was replaced by a rifle basix trigger. My problem is that the gun feels unsafe: If you briskly close the bolt on a loaded round, the gun fires. If you slowly & gently close the bolt, gun acts as it's supposed to. My dad's response was..."Close the bolt more gently"...not acceptable.

What recommendation(s) do you have for a great aftermarket trigger for match shooting. I know Jewell, Schillen, & Bix-N-Andy triggers are for Remingtons. What is the best I can use. The rifle is laser-beam accurate and I would like to go back to shooting Mid-Range at 600 yards again with it.

I contacted Effie Doscas at Savage a while back and was told to sell the rifle, Accutrigger could not be retrofitted to the "F" prefix rifle. I do not dislike the accutrigger. It works fantastic in 10FP #2 as a 308/260 Rem switch barrel to 1000 yards. I want something for match shooting without fear of accidental discharge.
Respectfully,
Doug