Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
I am a relative newbie on this site, and know that little of what I write commands any respect from you guys, but you might consider this from my years of owning a business built upon my reputation and skill.

Small businesses are rarely the target of new regulations, especially ITAR regs. With this reputed Executive Action, and now it has become clear is NOT an EA, we see bureaucrats trying to improve their regulatory reach with regard to a law that's been on the books for a long time.

That's a big SO WHAT? in my book. For now, you can just ignore it, and if the regulatory agency in charge thinks YOUR business falls under the scope of the law, they'l send you a letter stating such, which you can copy your to congressman if you find it'll adversely effect you business.
(clipped)
First, let me say I KNOW there was no intent for insults or disrespect in your reply....nor were any perceived on my part.

This entire regulation IS DIRECTLY TARGETING the small fry businesses. My business consists of ONE employee.....ME. The profits on prefit barrels are not all that great once you figure in all of the costs involved in producing them. Then you still have all the normal business costs of local, state and federal licenses, fees and such. The IRS gets more than their fair share also....then $2250 divided among, say 100 barrels just to keep it easy math.....is $22.50 per barrel. This is directly the result of this so called fee. For me.....it has to get passed to the customer directly therefore driving up prices. My larger competitors can afford to absorb these fees somewhat and likely will not have to raise their prices as much if at all.....So where does that leave me?

A larger company will be able to absorb it relatively easily. Me on the other hand......well the writing's on the wall. The Feds are targeting me and my kind. They do not want me in business. And as you've correctly stated, I'm VERY small fry in the government's eyes......but don't think they will not pay attention to small fry as you've mentioned.....just ask the IRS if they will look away from small business just because you're small. Since I'm such small fry....do you think my email to my senators and congressman will really have any weight to it? Let answer that one for you......NO. VERY unlikely. It will surprise me if I get any response at all.....I MAY get some kind of form letter thanking me for contacting them. But even that hasn't happened yet.

I'm just a lower middle class white man trying to make a living in a country that has decide it doesn't like me anymore. Doesn't like the job I do. Nor has any respect for the values I stand for. And people wonder why I'm paranoid.