I have a stock 6.5x284 116 Weather Warrior with Accutrigger and Accustock. It would shoot an average of .6' groups at 100. It would shoot an occasional .5' group. Then it would shoot a 1.5" group.

Long story short, the barrel was backing out and would go loose. I would usually find this when I would clean it. Hotolds442 torqued it once, I torqued it another time and my gunsmith torqued it for a third time when he threaded the barrel for a Musclebrake.

Three different people, the same result. I now believe that because an Accustock recoil lug is not pinned to the action, it never seats tight to the action not letting the barrel, recoil lug and action lock up to each other.

I ditched the Accustock and bedded a B&C Medalist to the action. Hotolds442 gave me the urging I needed to change the stock out. It took some grinding with a dremel to free float the action in the aluminum rail and tang before bedding with Devcon.

Broz over on Longrangeonly.com beds his recoil lug tight with a single layer of masking tape on the bottom surface only.
It has worked well in my 300WM for long range and I want to try it again.
My gunsmith at JBeagle Rifles couldn't believe I could shot good groups with this method.
His thinking was the recoil lug would try to shift when the barrel got hot.
I told him you don't let it get hot ( just kidding Jon).

I then decided I wanted to upgrade the barrel. I contacted Dennis at My Accurate Barrels.com.
He had Jim at Apache Gun Works spin me a Criterion 26" with an Apache Savage Sporter contour.
Jim throated it for Hornady ELD-X 143 grainers.
I mated the barrel to the action with a SSS pinned recoil lug.

I am going out in the morning for break-in and load development with Retumbo again. I will post targets when I can.

PS- I believe I got one of the last barrels through Dennis before he had to close his site. He was great with all my questions.
I know Dennis is going through something major in his life. I don't know Dennis' particulars, but I want to extend to Dennis a " Hang Tough Buddy".
You are respected and loved by our shooting community.

Randy