Hello all,

It's been awhile since I posted but that's because my dear wife took a job in Seattle and I've been busy selling up in Texas and moving to the Pacific North Wet (one of the benefits of working from home is I can go wherever her career takes her). Anyhoo - I haven't been lazy on the Savage front. Before we left Texas my wife saw a show about smallbore silhouette and decided that's something she wanted to do. So - we both got Savage .22LR bolt guns. Yeah - I know the MKII isn't an Anschutz or some fancy expensive rifle but we're going to enjoy shooting them and spend less money in the process. These are our babies:

Hers is a MKII Lady Hunter (she's petite) and mine is a MKII GL. Both are topped with EGW rings and bases and, because you can't skimp on glass, Leupold FX-3 Silhouette 25x40 scopes.

Up above them you'll notice the subject of this post - the 12 BLVSS I bought just before I left Texas. It's chambered in 22-250 for now. It's been used but still has life left in it. What I'd like y'all to help me decide is....what should I do with it?

I will admit I bought it just because it was a lefty and a Savage and it looked beefy. I don't shoot varmints and have no plans to start. I have my Savage Axis project done and built in .308 for some F-T/R shooting and a Ruger American in 7mm-08 which I intend to setup for high power silhouette. So what to do with this 12 BLVSS? By the time I'm done I expect it won't be a BLVSS :)

If it matters, I have a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 scope that's waiting to find a home so perhaps it can go on whatever I build from this BLVSS foundation. It's got the HV.5 reticle in it but unless I build the Savage specifically for a load that works with that reticle, I have been planning to send it back to Nightforce to have an MOAR reticle swapped into it.

Now - since diarrhea of the mouth is my specialty - I've been thinking about putting a Shilen 6.5x47 or 6.5 Creedmoor (since I've never reloaded before) on the Savage and laying it to rest in a McMillan stock. So obviously I've been thinking about making this a long range rig.

OR - I can just keep it for what it is and build a long range rig out of a 700 action - assuming I can find one in left hand.

What say you?

Any other ideas of what I can do with this? The wife owes me big time for agreeing to move to a state controlled by liberal Seattleites so I plan to do this one right :-)

Cheers,
John