Memorial day a year ago our frig decided it wanted to be an oven so the next morning I bought a new one to be delivered that afternoon. Since the new came with an the ice maker I pulled the one out of the old frig for a spare. They're this type.

Move ahead a year the new ice maker went on the fritz, the bin was empty and the ice level arm was all the way up in it's "off position". Hummm.... When I moved down to it's 'run' position it went into it's eject cycle, refilled and made ice cubes the rest of the day. It must have just be a fluke or so I supposed.

Day two its back in the 'off' position. I reset it to the run position. Again it cycled.

Day thee it quite making ice a third time, it's arm was back in the 'off' position. I moved it's arm into the run position and it started working..again.

Day four, the arm is back to off. Figuring it was messed up I installed the spare from the old frig.

Day five the spare quit working, it's arm in the 'off' position. Now I can buy one but two in a matter of a few days with the same problem?

When I was telling Maw what was going on ....... "Oh, I pushed the arms all the up so they would make ice cubes faster".

Sigh.......

Bill