I thought I would follow up on my new Savage purchase, my first bolt gun I am using for long range shooting. With a budget of about $1k (excluding optics) this is where I am at:
-I got the Savage Model 10T in 6.5 Creedmoor- Got the last on on sale at my local Cabellas. Cost was $570 out the door.
- I mounted my 4-20x50 Burris XTR II Scope in Seekins Low Rings on the factory installed pic rail
- To get a good sight picture I needed a cheek riser. Got a Fulton Armory strap on adjustable riser in a trade off EE. Its designed from the M1A so I needed to layer some closed cell foam ( can see the red in pics) between the stock and riser for a snug fit. Adjusted at its lowest setting it works great for me.
- Harris 9-13 HBLMS Bipod w/ T-Nutz Swivel tension lever - (tried my 6-9" but found I liked the longer legs better)
- AccuShot Std Height Monopod
- Vortex LoPro Scope mounted Level
- With a $35 rifle bag and $10 Ballistics calculator (AE) for my iPhone total price come it at pretty much exactly $1k (excluding the optic and ammo of course)

I have shot the gun twice now, once with 120gr A-Max (just one box) and the second time, this past Saturday, shot three boxes of 140gr ELD-M. VERRY happy so far. With the help of the ballistics app I was hitting 12" steel at 4,5,600 yards on the first shot- no problem. I tried for the 1K yard target just for the hell off it but no luck there yet. I need to practice and improve as a shooter on this type of gun. This is the first bolt gun I have owned and still getting used to the ergonomics and LIGHT single stage trigger (I dialed my accu-trigger all the way down). My groups on paper where not close to as what I am able to shoot with my 6.5G AR. I also need to get my hands on a chronograph so my calculator has correct velocity data, not just whats published on the box. I am also thinking a muzzle brake would be a nice upgrade to help me spot my shots.