Being a mechanic I was interested in getting down to the details on the NSS recommendation for the Nut they sell.

I know most just use some version of hand tight or hit it with a hammer, that is not my approach though hard to tell what I would do if I did not have the torque wrench already.

I also have an Armorers video and they say 90 ft lbs.

Adding to the confusion is no matter what, you have some kind of offset on the nut wrench and that would change things (though I was also reminded that if you go at 90 degrees then the offset is negated)

That said I contact Jim to get exactly what was meant in the Action Wrench Instructions .

A bit of surprise in that they use the closest half inch cutout to the nut. More natural for me I guess to use the further one (and for sure with the breaker bar taking it off)

NSS recommendation is 45 to 50 ft lbs. Using the close hole, that is a 2 inch offset that is not much difference even if you do not calculate the offset.

I have a follow up to Jim on that point though its getting far to nuanced for any real world affect as torque is easily 15% off if set perfectly,

Also note that NSS recommends anti seize. All lubes (or bare threads ) have their own affect on actual torque but any lube has a dramatic affect over dry threads.

Not sure how to get a sticky but I did some sleuthing and saw the question come up frequency but had no one had hard data from anyone as to exactly what was meant and what offset was used (or not) to achieve that.

And thank NSS for providing baseline information and data how it was achieved. There is at least some technical base for setting it as well as response when the question comes up.