I bought a 10 FCP 6+ years ago and just noticed it has a 26" barrel instead of a 24" barrel. Most of my rifles have 26" barrels,but I never noticed this barrel being the same length. The only reason I measured it was I'm taking several barrels / barreled actions to my machinist tomorrow to get threaded for my suppressors.
I took the barreled action out of the stock and set it on the bench,then laid a couple of new 26" Shilen barrels next to it. I had to look twice,and then actually measure the Savage barrel. Yep,it's 26" long.
Oh well,It's fixing to be a 20" barrel since I don't use 308's for my long range work anymore.

I think Savage needs to pay more attention to what they are shipping out the door. This just shows several screw ups on one rifle-The barrel got stamped wrong-Then was installed by someone that should've noticed it was a longer barrel-Then the QC dept missed it. I'm not *****ing about the rifle,it has always shot excellent,but stuff like this shouldn't happen as often as it does.