So I ordered a Shilen 6mmBR barrel from James Kessler (the new barrel guy at NSS), and i had originally spoken with Jim about freebore. I intend to use the 105 Amax and he assured me the barrel would readily accommodate that. My order was placed and many weeks later I get my barrel. Using the Hornady OAL gauge, I find the distance to lands OAL to me 2.181". I tried several times using other 105 Amax's with the same result. When I run those numbers through Quickload, I find that my total seating depth to be .594". This seems definitely wrong to me. So I called NSS who then informs me the barrel has to be sent back to Shilen for them to look at and possibly be recut (at my cost). He sent me a reamer print stating that was the standard reamer used and the print showed a freebore of .060". My research shows a .060" freebore to be consistent for use with far lighter bullets. Is that true? I was told to send my barrel with dummy rounds set for my desired length so if the chamber needs to be recut they will have that already. So I ask this, where along the neck is the ideal spot for the base of a boat tail bullet? If I have to have the chamber recut, how do I know what specs to give? I feel as though even though I asked for a barrel suitable for the 105s, I was sold a barrel for 60-68gr. Before I send this back to Shilen, I need to know how to set up my dummy rounds and your collective input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!