I have a 114 with the Monte Carlo walnut stock. It looks really nice, but I think my accuracy with it is suffering because of the unnatural grip the stock affords my trigger hand. It could be a tackdriving dragon.

This is a 7RM so I've found that I really have to grip it harder than a 243 or 270 to control it. For a while I didn't realize it was my shooting technique, not the gun that was causing poor groups. Therefore I also couldn't develop handloads well because my feedback loop was broken. Then I started focusing on a strong consistent grip. Now I've developed loads that have proven it can shoot under.5 MOA fine (can't rid myself completely of vertical stringing or they'd be .2 MOA), but I really have to try hard to keep my hold consistent and the stock doesn't help with that. There's no swell, and no bias towards on side like on some rifles, and the neck there is fairly thin. The angle of the neck is also very shall I say horizontal...in line with the bore. So when I grip it, the whole of my hand is not in contact with the stock. Because I have to bend my wrist so far forward, and the neck of the stock is skinny there, there's a gap under my palm, and really I can only grip well with my middle and 4th finger; my pinky is not doing much. This doesn't help trigger positioning. (On the other hand, my Brownings fit like a glove and I have none of these problems.)

I'm wondering about what good options there are on stocks that would give me more of a pistol grip while maintaining a hunting weight. I like to shoot at the range but it's also a hunting gun or else I'd have a heavy barrel, a break, and everything else I could do to mitigate recoil. McMillan? B&C? I don't have permission to attach images or else I'd show it at the range.