Hello all :I purchased a new FCP Sr in .308 about 2 years ago. It is the older one in digital camo wit the ACIS bottom metal (serial #J144142). I'd heard so much about SAVAGE accuracy that I just had to have one. I have a Browning XBOLT heavy barrel in .270WSM which is a tack driver , but it is so expensive to load for. So I got me a 308 savage to enjoy some range time without going bankrupt . I've scrimped and saved to accessorize my savage and finally got it all together.
I took the scope ( PRIMARY ARMS 4-14X44) off the XBOLT and had it put it on my SAVAGE. It always worked great on my Browning,and I really like that scope.I thought the PRIMARY ARMS suited the .308 better anyway.I had the scope mounted and boresighted by a reputable gunsmith, also had a muzzle brake installed at the same time.
Now I'm all excited to finally get to shoot my new gun. Loaded up some NOSLER 168gr ballistic silvertps over 44grs Varget W/Federal 210 primers.I used some 130 and 140's at 25 and 50 yds. just to make sure I was on paper. Now new gun barrel burnishing procedure. Shoot clean shoot clean...
So now time to go to 100 . I'm trying my Nosler's now>>>>>>>>>>>>WAAAAAAY RIGHT??????? keep clicking. Can't get a group no how no way.I'm out of adjustment and still 8 inches PLUS to the right.
Took gun back to the smith for a checkup........everything seems OK.......I think I'll take it back and have him put a boreview through it.
I'm very disappointed and losing faith with SAVAGE?????Did I get a bad one....Am I doing something wrong???how good is SAVAGE quality control?
I've had a few new guns before but never anything like this.......................Any suggestions would be appreciated...... thanks bl-u13